MatthewDFW
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '02 X5

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Well I can definitely see your points, and respect your opinion, but I still feel that it's equally applicable to e90post, mainly for the same reasons you just listed. I've yet to come across any 1ers that have been driven by enthusiasts (mostly teen girls in e83s unfortunately), but I have to say that every e92 driven by a guy I've passed has interacted in a positive manner of some sort, barring the typical exec figure.

The Bimmer community as a whole is equally inviting from how I see it. It all comes down to our individual experiences. Sometimes you might be unlucky and have a bad encounter, but for the most-part I've had a fairly positive experience.
Well said. Your points speak directly to that odd human tendency toward pessimism that makes the rare bad encounter more easily fixed in memory, while multiple positive experiences are either taken for granted, or regarded with suspicion. Explains why it's SO easy to make a bad first impression, while you sometimes have to prove yourself over and over to make a good one.

If all the BimmerPost regulars are as diplomatic as you, I think we'll all get along fine.
===============
Our wee twin turbos may be smallish, but they doth mashie yon backside deeply seatwise.
===============

Appreciate 0