01-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #40
Viktimize
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2002 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
I wouldn't be too surprised not to see a ZR1 given that the new Z06 (if these numbers are accurate) will slot above the current ZR1 and nearly match the Viper (which was already beaten by a C6 Z06 when Randy Pobst compared them at Laguna Seca) while at the same time offering a lower price point, a more controllable car, and a more pleasant off-track driving experience. Then again, I think the last ZR1 didn't sell well because lots of people just couldn't wrap their minds around a 6-figure Corvette, even with its monstrous performance, because it just wasn't a great all-around package -- but the C7 has stepped up its game, so if GM does decide to do a ZR1 this time around, I suspect it will sell much better.
Well Vette buyers better get used to a 6 figure Vette now since this Z06 is going to be running somewhere around 120k.

Definitely don't see a ZR1 happening. This new Z06 is S/C and will have surpassed the MSRP of the C6 ZR1. It makes no financial sense to build a ZR1 unless it is a stripped down track monster to deal with the ACR Viper when it gets released.
Appreciate 0