View Single Post
      04-16-2011, 11:06 PM   #69
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
LOL. I'm chill, kid. It seems you're the one getting bent outta shape. I just don't see eye to eye with you. Last I checked... it wasn't mandatory.
I'll make it simpler for you tho: If you're team RBR and took a full week and still couldn't get KERS working on one of your cars... Who would you give the functional car to? More than likely, the guy who is carrying the team and is hot as of late. I view it as them making the only decision they can make, given the circumstances. It's not favoritism. Sucks for Webber, but they should have gotten their shit sorted lonnnng before qualifying.
2) Petrov's car was sick for 2 turns before he decided to stop in the middle of the track. He had ample time to pull over and allow qualifying to continue, but he didn't. I'm sure he figured he could save it, but whatever.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to a good race. I'm sure I've lost a few Franklins b4 it's even started, but it should be interesting anyhow.
I don't see what good calling him a kid does, other than accentuate your condescending tone. Lets keep the mutual respect for each other, we are all here to enjoy the races.

On RBR, last season both drivers held up their end of the team. Lets not forget that the only point when Vettel lead the WDC in the entire season was when he won it. It is clear though that once Vettel won the WDC, coupled with the expulsion of the Team Order ban, that Webber truly did become the #2 driver. Which is probably more than anything the reason for his poor performances so far this year. Not to mention Vettel is in Helmut Marko's pocket. But choosing a #1 and #2 driver is at it's core favoritism. The causes may vary though.

On Petrov, the real issue was that he didn't know what was wrong or why. He didn't get a display on his steering wheel that said hydrolic failure, which is why he continued to change gears (when otherwise that is a no-no). He was hungry for Q3, and you can't really blame him for that. All driver's job description is simple, "win".