04-20-2021, 12:40 PM   #1380
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Michael Masi :

The jury, in this case FIA Race Director Michael Masi, has agreed unanimously with both the drivers’ stance of status quo. Lando Norris, who had taken over Leclerc right after the restart felt he could have overstaken Verstappen, but Masi confirmed he would have had to give the position back.

“After a [race] suspension, it is considered a race lap, but in the same sort of principles as a formation lap,” he said. “So if a car was out of position, it would be like a formation lap that they can regain that position as long as it’s before [the Safety Car One line], is the general principle is the way the regulations are worded.”
Thanks for the clarification! Wondering if we get the same TV broadcasters? They were making it sound like if VER spun he would have lost all those places...

We used to get Steve Matchett & David Hobbs here in the US before ESPN took over. They were fucking hilarious. I've missed them terribly and still struggle getting adjusted to the SKY broadcasters we have now. Hobbs and Matchett were magical and incredibly funny telling old war stories. This current Sky crew is too UK stiff upper lip for me!!!

One more stupid question, surely I'm wrong or someone else would have mentioned it by now. Isn't driving backwards on the track a violation? HAM sure looked like he was traveling backwards escaping the sand trap. It wasn't just a quick backward movement to get facing the correct direction. From the TV angle it sure looked like he was traveling the wrong direction for a long time

Now, I'll sit back and wait for the scHAMer crew to jump all over me
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58873.50