02-14-2020, 01:12 PM   #3781
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
"evidence shows that more guns are shown to increase violence" - I am still not sure I buy this. I grew up around guns as you did and live in a state that is very welcoming to guns, live in a semi rural area that has LOTS of guns and even work in the shooting industry. So I am around guns literally all the time. I never see violence or even the threat of it.

I think if you think of 500 60 year old country guys talking about fishing and the good old days and then give them all 2 guns each - I think your brain like mine would never expect that to cause any trouble at all. I don't anyway.

Take another 500 guys, young men angry at life and give them a reason to hate 1/2 the group they are in (gangs, religion, politics, name it) and give them all 2 guns each - would you feel the same way? I wouldn't. But if you think of this as a scientific experiment - what changed the situation? It was not the guns right?

My question always falls back to what happened to us as Americans (or human beings for that matter) that we can't handle opposing views on anything? Why do others need to agree with us or die? I don't see guns as the problem. I'd rather give those old guy 2 guns each than toss 25 knives into the other group. The weapon is not the problem to me - the hate is.

Of course that is just my opinion and we all have our own. In my opinion the more non-criminals with firearms and the training to use them the better.

My opinion, and it's just one man's opinion, this all started by having parents/authority figures steppin in. It used to be you got into a disagreement with a fellow classmate and you worked it out. Sure, sometimes it resulted in pushing or shoving but you worked it out. In today's world someone jumps in and puts a label on one, or both, of them and the parents take over. Those children never learned conflict resolution when they were younger and now they just hate.....

Again, just one persons opinion.

And to another part of your post, guns aren't the problem. It's a tool used by the "problem".
Appreciate 3
unluky7528.00