10-27-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Move to Miami or LA - San Diego for a car guy

Been thinking about relocating from the great Canadian white north for years. I've now done all that I wanted to here in terms of goals and professional/material achievements here. Only things I want now in life are warm weather and good vibes. Time to move.

I go back and forth between whether I want to move to Miami area or LA/San Diego. The other thing that bothers me is cost of living vs professional opportunities. Lastly while I have no relationship I do have three cars which are the world to me. A 2008 BMW 128i 6MT, a 2006 BMW Z4MR and a 2015 Porsche Carrera 4S. Would likely sell the 128i to cover moving costs. But I am worried about fires and storms destroying my cars. Need to figure out where they are safest and how to keep them safe. No point moving to Miami and losing my lifelong goal of owning a 911 to water (which is ironic because Porsche chose to water cool the car and now water does this)! I have spent a decent amount of time in Miami, a little less on the west coast.

So Canadians who have made the move and Americans who have lived in either or both coasts let me know where you think I should go. Here's a list of wants:

• I'm not rich but I'd like to be able to rent or own a two car garage home with a pool and hot tub (even if it takes a few years to work my way up there)
  • To be honest don't like it too hot, 77F to 83F is fine with me. Miami is great for pool weather at night but man its too stinkin' hot during the day. On the flip side I hear it is way less expensive to live there as long as you don't party on South Beach every weekend
  • I like the ladies! Especially in those skimpy California and Miami bikinis. Pretty sold on the whole Beach Boys, California Girls vibe and lifestyle
  • Need to be able to drive and enjoy my cars and not worry about them getting stolen or otherwise destroyed by nature or criminals
  • Sustainable, regular employment
  • I like laid back, easy going vibes and open minded culture

Since I would need a work VISA and company to sponsor me its not so easy to just go to one place and if you don't like it go to the other. Need to be very targeted. I hear Miami (or at least Florida in general) is very conservative while LA/San Diego is more open minded.

As fellow car guys what do you think? I know California is the epicenter of car culture so there's that.
Appreciate 0