02-21-2020, 05:32 AM   #97
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
One of the TV news talking heads on the NYC news tonight said that there was more snow forecast in the Carolinas tonight than New York City has accumulated in total for the entire 2019-2020 winter season so far.

Enjoy your state of emergency.....
LOL...All the snows this year have come after warm temps....so hardly anything sticks to the roads which is fine with me. I don't have to worry about all the grime on the road.

I live right near the NC border, so we tend to get the higher ends of the projected amounts. But it's crazy how all the storms follow the I-85 Corridor.

North of it and it's snowing....just south of it and it's rain. It's always been the dividing line in the upstate.

I enjoy to watch it fall, but not stay around. Early in my career, I worked for years in places in the NE and Canada that gave me my "fill" of big snowfalls. But they had the equipment to keep the roads clean.

I remember one year in Montreal, I woke up to almost 30". Went downstairs and had breakfast in the hotel lobby, walked outside and brushed off my rental, and drove right onto a clean street all the way to the job site.