Quote:
Originally Posted by BimBimM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
Happy independence day to the greatest country in the world! It's not perfect, but its far better than any other place in the world. Let's keep it that way. Take this from an immigrant.

Hope everyone is able to enjoy the day off and celebrate with family and friends with some proper BBQ, at least that's how I plan on spending mine. Few racks of baby back ribs will be on the grill soon.
Immigrant here as well; lived on six continents, never as a tourist. Born and raised expatriate... and this is the best place on the planet indeed. Happy 4th you magnificent patriotic bastards!
Quote:
Immigrant here as well; lived on six continents, never as a tourist. Born and raised expatriate... and this is the best place on the planet indeed. Happy 4th you magnificent patriotic bastards!
What are your favorite aspects of living here vs the other 5 continents?!
Where to begin, my friend. You want deserts, sun-soaked beaches? Snow capped mountains? God this nation is rich in natural beauty. Where else can you find such variation in landscape?

Of course I can wax poetic about Americans being the most earnest, hard-working bunch of people, or the opportunity rich welcoming culture... but come on. I think in all this mess of human life, we forget how truly beautiful and magnificent this land is.

You know, as I type this, I am thinking I am going to take my wife and our kids out to the "northshore" of the great state of MN next week.
Thank you and happy 4th!
Appreciate 0