rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
@JP10 in reference to your tight upper back/shoulder area, how much time do you spend stretching post work out and what types of stretches do you do?

Also, do you ever get massages and if so regularly?
The first 10-15 mins of my workout is spent stretching. Then I finish my workout with abs, rolling out my back/shoulders, and more stretching. Really hard to describe the types of stretches as I don't know any of the proper names lol. Mostly has to do with contorting my upper back as it constantly feels like it needs cracker (right inbetween my shoulder blades). If I really pinch my back together it feels better, but difficult to maintain for large periods of time. I'm sure typing on a keyboard for long periods of time doesnt help.

Never had a message, or have been to a chiropractor. Sounds nice though, need to bite the bullet and just go get it checked out. Difficult to find time these days lol so busy.
I would try to find time after your workout to get a stretch in. Also, something that may help in between is yoga. I can shoot you a few short ones (10-15 mins) that focus on that section. It's made a lot of difference for me because I drive a lot and I like the extra stretching. Breathing correctly during stretching (just like during workouts) is important. It's crazy how many people hold their breath during stretching not even realizing their doing it.

Massages are great! I would look for someone who is more focused on deep tissue/sports massages. It's relaxing but there's nothing better than getting those tight muscles worked. I've been to a chiropractor before and once again it's about finding the right one. I'm torn on this one. I didn't love the manipulation of my neck and spine. I found the combination of the 2 above for me really helped me more in the long run.
Appreciate 0