View Single Post
      12-26-2019, 04:06 PM   #152
DrSecretan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive20i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSecretan View Post
When you say seatbelt latch, do you mean the leather strip with a magnet on the end that's attached to the seat? I've noticed that making a little bit of noise too!

Update on the plastic clicking noise coming from the roof - I think I've tracked it down to a wire inside the roof lining. I can feel it with my finger and if I press it against the roof it makes the same kind of tapping noise, and if I hold it down then any clicking noises while driving go away. Got the car booked in for Thursday for them to take a look at.

Unfortunately my glovebox buzz has come back It's nowhere near as bad as it was - it's no longer constant and it's definitely quieter, but it's there. Hoping I can get them to sort this too.
Update on the clicking noise from the roof - the dealer installed felt tape behind all the wires inside the roof liner and unfortunately the noise remains. It sounds like it's coming from around where the roof meets the windshield in the centre - around where the roof locking mechanism is. Oh well, back to the dealer I'm going. Take it no one else has had any clicking noises from the roof?

I might also have a potential candidate for the glovebox-area noise. I was cleaning the interior yesterday and noticed that the passenger side doorcard isn't attached to the door properly. The bit just under the tweeter speaker sits about 2cm out from the door and has a lot of play in it, whereas the doorcard on the driver side is perfectly flush against the door. It sits so far out that it's actually got some dents in it where some bits on the main dashboard must be pushing against it when the door is closed.

For the chap who is having issues with an electrical clicking noise coming from behind him - I have the exact same thing. I think it's normal for these cars - I find the relay noise often coincides with electrical events like the start-stop system engaging or the roof going up or down.
Appreciate 0