04-08-2015, 09:23 AM   #22
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Holy crap, you OWNED a H3T?? I may have seen maybe one of those in my entire life. What'd you do with it?

As for mastering CUE, there shouldn't really be a learning curve and if there is one, it should be a small one. It's why I passed over an E90 335i back in 2007, I wanted to punch the damn screen while trying to use it while driving to do things like climate control, audio, etc. The current iDrive software is much more user friendly, only obscure settings can be difficult to find but basic stuff is all there and readily available. CUE will only improve as time goes on just like any other infotainment system I'm sure though.

It'll take some time but provided Cadillac keeps cranking out the great products they're making and maybe produce a halo car (the Audi R8 did wonders for getting people to pay attention to Audi) and some high volume selling luxury crossovers, I can't see why Cadillac can't be seen in the same light as the Germans.
I still have the H3T parked right next to my E90 (not sure if you are being sarcastic...). They only made 2,400 of them. I replaced my Wife's Jeep with it. I love the thing. Nothing better than a small block Chevy V-8 (well, an N52 - I've got 2 of them - is just as good); the 4-speed auto trans is the only nit I have with it. I live on a river, sometimes you need to cross through the water, the Hummer does that in spades (old-timer's saying...).
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0