View Single Post
      11-08-2022, 11:44 AM   #11
Tommysalami
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
I use FCP for the choices in most products, the free shipping, and the quick delivery. I can buy OE BMW parts from the dealership where I work (at cost) but often FCP will beat that by quite a lot on an equivalent OEM part. I never buy from them with the thought that I'd ever send anything consumable (filters, wipers) back for "warranty" coverage because that's simply unreasonable. Regardless, I'd be content with "store" credit on any warranty return. The only return I've ever made was for an aluminum thermostat housing which came with a stripped plastic plug. The sent me an entire new housing the next day when just the plug would have sufficed. Nothing in this new policy will change how I deal with them going forward.
Sending that stuff back isn't unreasonable. It's priced into what you pay. Check out their instagram, they advertise sending back consumables like oil.

I've sent oil back twice, air filter once, felt undertray pieces twice, diff fluid once. Sucks that they're changing their policy but I get it, and kind of always expected it to change at some point.
Appreciate 0