View Single Post
      02-14-2021, 04:09 PM   #837
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-G-nius View Post
Totally get it...I can't see paying those prices either. I won't spend much more than $250 for a bottle of something. However certain things I know are going to be worth money I might go a little above. Like I said I paid $365 for one bottle & its now worth $5600! NO WAY I'd pay that price, but knowing it was one of 5000 in the world I had to have it.
I'm fortunate that my lifelong friend is the Whisk(e)y consultant for Diagio (Johnny Walker) Canada. He's been in the business for a very long time and I get to sample some pretty rare whisk(e)y. I have a few decent ones in my collection and I agree that being expensive and being good isn't always the same thing. The thing with the expensive ones for me anyway is I hate to finish them especially if I like them because of the cost to replace. The other issue with having rare or difficult to obtain is just that, I hate to finish them when I can't replace them. I have a bottle of Benronnich that my friend gave me for my retirement/55th birthday, it is no longer in production and is absolutely fabulous. I have gone through about half the bottle and have put it away for fear of finishing it....crazy eh.
Appreciate 0