View Single Post
      10-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #226
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
WTF! See they know that the charges won't stick but they want to be a pain in the balls and be assholes so that court and lawyer fees get so outrageous that you voluntarily waive your 2nd ammendement rights. They can't drop an amendement so they try to strangle the citizens. I def agree with you ur buddy should contact the NRA and any other organizations to bite back at them. So he has a MD gun license and was "caught" with ammo? Or another state lic.? I mean what if it's someone that doesn't have 15k to blow? What's the option just go to prison for a couple years, lose your job, not get another job once you get out and just live the rest of your life in a hole all because some dipshit had a hard on for him
Exactly. I also was WTF?! This thing dragged on for about a year if I recall correctly before it finally got to trial. The sad part of it is if the prosecutor looked at the whole picture of my buddy, he would see the guy has a boring history. No run ins with the law except this time. Was a former Fed employee and held a security clearance. Not someone you would say is a habitual offender or someone that purposely violated this stupid law in the first place. Even though the charges were dropped, the long lasting parting gift from DC with all of this, like Herpes, is he now has to always report this stupid situation in every security clearance form he has to fill out. And of course there's going to be repeated questions by the various background investigators asking about this. So it really won't go away.

I may ask him again about reconsidering his decision not to go after DC for this. And stupid crap like this is the reason why DC should never deserve state hood along with all the other rank corruption that the residents of DC just turn a blind eye on. This is besides the point of DC has always been set up as a Federal district and not intended to have state hood on its own. If these baffoons want this, then the land should be returned back to Maryland and Virginia. I'll stop here as this is getting too political.
Appreciate 0