View Single Post
      04-11-2020, 03:13 PM   #36
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
My daily driver is an M-Sport 128i 6sp. It's a great car, think of it as a modern E36 M3. Light 128's will come in just over 3000lbs, with 'heavier' ones being 3100-3150lbs - depending on options. You can put on a 3 Stage Intake manifold and a tune to get 30whp and 30wtq. I've done that to mine and it really wakes the car up without effecting drivability in any negative way. Unfortunately 270-300whp is NOT easily achievable like ShocknAwe mentioned - that would be a pretty serious build or slapping on a SC. However, if you do the intake manifold swap, a tune and headers you can pretty 'easily' get to about 240whp. Which for it's weight is a very respectable power/weight ratio.

To me the seating position in the Fiesta's is strange. They are great fun to drive and the hatchback is very practical. The BMW interior and finish is miles better than the Ford and the overall driving experience is significantly more refined.

I've had no issues reliability wise with the N52 platform, and that was the main reason why I choose it over a 135i for daily use. It's been bulletproof for me thus far.
Perhaps I was mistaken, I thought headers, IM, valves, tune, would get you to the 270 ballpark.

Easy is relative.