Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWeatherington View Post
JamesNoBrakes
X3power

Actually that is not correct... ALL states/territories do not have reciprocity with each other... nor are the laws or points always the same. Additional traffic violations in Canada can go both ways.

Only 45 states are in the Driver License Compact agreement, and only 44 are in Non-Resident Violator Compact (NRVC). That's why I was saying previously its important to see what your state's laws are vs. the state the offense occurred in. As things may not translate.

For example, you could get a DUI in a nonreciprocity state or in a state that wants to suspend your DL but they can't as your home state won't honor it under normal circumstances. You're wreckless over 81mph speed limit in VA may not be in anything but a fine in Montana with zero points and not reciprocity if occurred out of state. But it doesn't mean that VA won't bend you over and fine you locally.
By reciprocity I mean the states all honor the DL of other states. The laws regarding the movement of vehicles are pretty mu h the same in all of the states
I never mentioned either of thse compacts.
Appreciate 1