Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksonjr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL335i View Post
Quote:
I got my car a couple of months ago and since then I've been hearing extreme squealing sounds coming from the driver's side flap. When the roof is up there is no sound but when I put the roof down and drive for a couple of miles it starts to squeak unbearably. I went to a dealership and they applied some sticky sponge thingies under the flap and forced the flap to stay in the same place but it didn't work. The problem seems to be something inside the roof mechanism. I need help desperately :/
Can you send me a photo of the related item?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL335i View Post
Quote:
I got my car a couple of months ago and since then I've been hearing extreme squealing sounds coming from the driver's side flap. When the roof is up there is no sound but when I put the roof down and drive for a couple of miles it starts to squeak unbearably. I went to a dealership and they applied some sticky sponge thingies under the flap and forced the flap to stay in the same place but it didn't work. The problem seems to be something inside the roof mechanism. I need help desperately :/
Can you send me a photo of the related item?
here it is, i'm not sure whether if the sound is directly from this part or from something inside of it. When i hold the part by my hand or support it with some other item the sound still keeps on coming..
I think I have that too. Tried using the lubricant for rubber but didn't solve it. It's right at the ear level, kinda irritating...
Appreciate 0