12-29-2020, 07:51 AM   #42
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Wow, nice. What did you think of Cambodia? We made a stop there, absolute disaster...at least the part we went to.
I have been multiple times but always with work and haven't seen a lot of tourist things. If I don't quit my job before Covid ends next trip will involve a weekend trip to Ankor Wat. With my company paying for my hotel and food regardless of where I am it is dumb that I keep staying in Bangkok on the weekends as side trips only have me paying for a cheap flight. With work travel, it mostly involves walking around the city or going to meetings, been to a lot of restaurants/bars. Will say that sometimes tourist travel leaves you with not really interacting much with locals, business is different. I lose out on the tourist things but have a better idea of how things work there. I went to a bar with a customer and a couple of his friends. One guy was a manager at the Mclaren and Bently dealership in Pnon Pehn. Can only imagine who he is dealing with in this very poor country.

For overall, people are nice, never felt in danger, but it is very poor. When you say "disaster", what do you mean? If just overall conditions of the area I am past that bothering me much.

Went to a Japanese restaurant in Phnon Penh and a large cock roach walked across the floor. I asked my coworker to step on him and he wouldn't because he didn't want the remains on the bottom of his shoe. Really irritated me but went back to eating lunch.