04-13-2024, 10:00 AM   #11
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I don't wanna google and just want real life accounts from you guys. Don't wanna buy specialized equipment either. Tired of burning my fingers haha but I wanna eat them while still hot.
I "hardboil" the egg in the microwave.

In a 1 cup (8 ounces) Pyrex measuring cup fill with 1 cup of cold (tap) water. Crack egg and gently let it slide into the water. I put nothing in the water.

Put the cup in the microwave. I cover the cup with a paper towel. I set the timer to 60 seconds on full (950 watts) power.

There can be some variability if one switches from a small egg size to a larger egg size. And the temperature of the tap water can play a role. Occasionally the egg will emit a "pop" signaling I used too much time given the size of the egg and the tap water temperature.

You will probably need to do some experimentation on how long to let the egg sit in the hot water to ensure it is hard cooked to your satisfaction.

When the egg is cooked I carefully pour the contents of the measuring cup into a large slotted spoon. After some bit of drain time I put the egg onto a plate.

Added: For peeling pan cooked hard boiled eggs I use the technique I learned from my Mom. Pour off the water and then shake the pan hard enough the shells crack from the eggs hittihng each other and the side of the pan.

The eggs are hot but the shells come off pretty easily.
Appreciate 0