09-03-2021, 05:24 PM   #12
RelaxIN2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
It's beautiful. But, what does that monster weigh?

I'm also going with a 1500w motor but rear hub, and a custom 54.4v battery, on a aluminum/CF hybrid MB. The Baafang 1500w rear hub seems one option, but I'm still researching. I wish bosch made a rear hub. Why aren't you going bosch for your mid drive build? Cost?

My ex-girlfriend always asked me the same question... over and over..I had to let her go.. lol...

Yeah, the Bomber is a bit heavy at 106lbs. That's the downside of it. When we go on trips or mini vacations I'll bring both of them with me in the truck (F150). I have a set of foldable ramps that I use for me SuperMoto.

I have to ask you a question... are you set on a rear hub drive..? if so, why..? I was the same, but if you've even ridden a Mid-drive, it just pulls and pulls. Trust me, I'm with you, I wanted a hub drive until I did more research and drove a mid-drive. I'm not arguing your point, I'm just curious why that's all..

As for the Bosch motor.... the cost isn't an issue so much as the modifications that I can do with a Bafang or Cyclone motor. I'm not saying that you can't with a Bosch, I just haven't seen many of them upgraded for the speed and torque that I was looking for.

What do you have if I might ask...anything else..?
Appreciate 0