View Single Post
      09-03-2021, 05:48 PM   #13
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Yeah, I'm know that the mid drive is the preferred route. But, the MB is a Trek CF/Alum hybrid. The rear hub drive for me, is pretty much plug and play. I'd have to do major mods to get a mid drive motor in place. Right now, I may have to drill for the torque arms, but that's about it. I'd also rather use the bike I have than find another one I could convert to mid drive, so cost is a factor for me. I only got into E-biking this past spring due to a leg injury and immediately purchased a cheap chinese bike with a 350w/48v. It's a great value bike, but has some trade-offs--no adjustable PAS, and the weight--55lbs. I don't have a truck, lol...So I figure with the Trek/1500w hub, I'll have an under 30lb rocket, with a QR front wheel, since I can't fit ANYTHING in my M340i trunk (with mini spare). Also
I do not want to go 50mph on a bike! I live in the city, and will get myself killed, here. lol. Still researching a controller. The Bafang is easy enough to source, and i have a local MIT student building the battery for me.
Appreciate 0