03-15-2019, 05:56 AM   #44
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I guess it's fair to wait until the final product. Let's hope it won't get delay over and over again.

I am not sure GM can make a mid engine for around 60K since the current car already costs around 60K or more. Probably just a marketing hype.
Exactly.....the base model will be a variant of the current C7 with a few upgrades, but still "front engine". However power is supposed to get bumped to around 500.

My LS3 with stock 435 HP and just Long-Tubes, Ported Fast, and a very small cam and tune made around 461/468 rwhp/rwtq. We are talking about less than $2,600 in parts if you do the wrenching/tuning like I did, and all the while running a very conservative A/F ratio.

I can drive the car in 6th gear around 1100 rpm with no surging or lugging, and it has plenty of power for the street.

The C7's made 465 HP, and they are hitting the numbers I am making with just Long-Tubes and an Intake without having to go into the valve-train.

And my C6Z although I kept it stock (505HP) with just a full exhaust and tuning would easily be hitting close to 500 to the wheels.

As I mentioned before, all cars have issues that can be picked apart. I have never had any issues with any I have owned.

I have only had my 128i for about 8-9 weeks, and I notice that there is some slight "bubbling" going on with the dash pad. Then I read that this seems to be an issue with a lot of these cars. So like I said, they all have their quirks.

I didn't start this tread to be about bashing one car or the other, I just put it out there after seeing the headline.

I enjoy all performance related cars. When shopping for this last DD....Audi was a big contender. But some of the issues such as timing chain tensioners, electronics failures, etc....steered me away from them.

I really do love the 128. I have already swapped out the rear diff, and I have a 3 Stage Intake, Headers, and Milvs waiting to go in along with a custom tune from BPC (As I know nothing about tuning these cars) as soon as I get some time away from work.

Will doing all of this turn it into a beast....no. But it will make it even more fun to drive than it already is...I believe it will. And on those nice days when I want to take something out with a little more "grunt"...I drive the Corvette.

I admit I may be a little bias, but only because it's a platform that I know extensively and I am comfortable with. I'm sure it will be the same way as I learn more about my current 1 Series.