04-06-2021, 04:55 PM   #939
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgpalmer71 View Post
I've just gotten into bourbon recently. I'm not to the point where I feel as though I can properly appreciate a truly expensive bottle of bourbon. So for me....in terms of strictly bourbon....anything over $100 qualfies as expensive AF. I fully expect that threshold to rise exponentially if I continue to learn how to properly appreciate the stuff. I'm not sure that I could tell the difference between a $5k bottle of Michter's Sour Mash Whiskey Celebration and the $110 bottle of colonel Taylor.
This is kind of how I feel. I'm no connoisseur, I can't tell if one has leather notes vs mountain musk. Most anything I get in the $40-$50 range tastes good to me. When I venture under that I've encountered stuff I just didn't like. When I've ventured above that range I don't feel my palate can sense enough difference to justify the extra cost.

I just buy different stuff for fun and if I did a taste test one after another I can sense mild differences between them, but not enough that would make one much more or less enjoyable than the other.

So for me $40-$50 is the sweet spot, although I did enjoy BT and that was like $25 I think. I would consider anything above like $60 pricey and anything above $100 expensive AF.
Appreciate 1
David701567.00