10-19-2016, 09:47 PM   #74
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thxrick View Post
Fired both guns today....approx. 250 rounds through both. Man, I can't hit anything with the Glock. I pick up the Sig and boom...it's spot on. I DK if it's me or the gun but the Sig is just awesome.
Thats how things go. My groups are twice as big with a full-size glock compared to a compact glock frame. My 1911s make 2" groups where as my IMI Baby Eagle leaves me with 6" groups at the same distance. My wife makes 5" groups with the Baby Eagle and can't hit the target with the 1911s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Got a Sig 1911 and the thing is amazing. Ive been eyeing the FNX45 Tac but Ive read too many mixed reviews. What's your experience with it? Reliability and accuracy.
My Sig 1911 had a lot of issues with it when i first got it. Even after breaking it in i was having failure to feed problems with every magazine and the slide would fail to lock when empty. I called Sig on a Thursday. 20 min later i got an air bill via email. Shipped it out to them on Friday. The following thursday i received it back. They polished the feed ramp, replaced the slide locking pin and gave me two new magazines. Since then, it's been pretty reliable. I still get the occasional FTF, but i think i'm learning that the Sig 1911s need to be run fairly wet with lube.

The FNX45 on the other hand has been fantastic from day one. Not a single issue, it's accurate, i can shoot it fast and accurately, it's fun to shoot, comes ready for a suppressor and the Tactical version has a VERY nice trigger. It's got almost no creep, very little take up and breaks at or under 4 pounds. It's probably my favorite pistol to shoot these days.

I actually went to the range with the intentions of buying another .45 and i was sure it was going to be a Sig. I rented all the Sig 45 variants as well as H&K, Springfield and S&W. I must have shot 8 different pistols and nothing really spoke to me. The range officer asked if i wanted to shoot the FNX45 and i had written it off due to the dual stack mag. I figured it was too large of a grip. I reluctantly agreed to shoot it. Within 5 rounds i knew i was going to buy it. But they didn't have any for sale. I tried to buy the range rental, but no dice. Turns out there was a gunshow in town and one of the vendors there had one and i snatched it up. Comes with a nice case, 3 mags, and handle panels for adjusting it's size.