Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 Z4 M40i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpoggi View Post
I am new to the thread and have seen every video and read every article on the z4 I finally reached the time in my life that I can get a roadster I currently own a 30 yr old Toyota pick up After a lot of research the z4 feels like the right fit. Other considerations boxster. ftype. I have been saving for 4 yrs and this will be the best car I have ever owned. With that said u guys are making me very nervous with this gremlin thread it will kill me to spend this kind of money and have the car in the shop
1) as mentioned, all cars have issues and reading these kinds of threads will convince you that there are far more problems than there actually are. You need to take anything you read with a grain of salt; not because the issues aren't real but because you can get the erroneous impression that they are far more common than they really are. I almost didn't join a forum for the Z4 after my time on a Jaguar forum had me thinking my F type was about to self destruct at any moment! LOL

2) All the issues mentioned so far are relatively minor IMO and almost all are software related.

3) I'ver owned an F type and the Boxter S was my primary competitor when shopping for a replacement. While my F type experience was good, they have issues like any car but I'd bet that the Z4 will be a bit better in that regard. The Boxster is a great car......but to get a decently equipped one with most of the goodies my Z4 has will cost you a LOT more money.....34% more in the case of the two I looked at. I like the Boxster but if money is of any consideration at all, the Z4 offers far superior value IMO.

Cheers,
Dave
Appreciate 0