View Single Post
      10-27-2019, 08:37 PM   #5
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Obviously I like living in Florida and lived in Miami from 1986 - 2002. I am now about 75 miles North and drive down to Miami for business at least a couple of days a month. I used to go down more frequently, but the drive has gotten much worse over the years. Not sure if there is a specific company you are thinking about but there are many other places to live in FL aside from Miami. Miami was great when I was in my 20s but now in my 50s I would not want to live there mainly due to congestion, but also due to costs. Personally, I would not own a nice car if I lived in Miami.

CA is not for me from a political, tax or cost perspective. I like to visit CA but will never live there. Miami is a blue city with red pockets, but in a different league from CA as a whole, particularly L.A. and S.F.

However, this is your choice, not our’s. What is your rent or home purchase budget? Miami is expensive for FL but again nothing compared to LA / San Diego. That may be a pretty important factor because I wouldn’t want to live in CA on a FL budget (even if I wanted to live in CA). Where in the city do you want to live? What type of commute are you willing to tolerate?
soulcrft160.50