11-21-2019, 09:55 PM   #119
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Not an option for me, I think. Not sure I'd want to go that route anyway. Sticking a piece of silicone in my eye was hard enough to talk myself into.

Stop thinking and just go do it.
My astigmatism was so bad that I had to wait for technology to catch up. I had to go with the full laser option because of the amount they had to carve off, and the complexity.
I didn't even get to 20/20. Still have some astigmatism but I can see well enough to not need glasses. It's really close to perfect.

It's the best decision I've made in my life.
I also used a CareCredit card and was able to make interest free payments. Made it really easy to afford.

Add up what you spend on contact stuff, care etc and then see how long the payback for lasik is. I'm guessing about 10 years on average, depending on the process.

Also, the total time for having mine done was just over a minute. For BOTH eyes. It's a very fast process.
They have you put some numbing eye drops in. They work very well.
You'll have the option to take a mild sedative. I didn't because I have no idea what they do.
They tape your eye lashes back.
They use a thingy to hold your eyelid open ... It's numb and you only feel a little discomfort. Kinda like dust under the lid. More annoying than anything.
Then they lower the gizmo over your head/eye. It pushes down to hold you still. You're asked to look at a dot and once you find it the process starts.
They fold the flap back. You can see this happening and it's really confusing. LOL
You can immediately see better. It's cloudy but for me was nigh and day difference.

I went in blind. Didn't watch any videos or know anything about the process. I think that helped because I wasn't nervous until I walked into the room with the gizmo.
Now that I know what happens, taking the sedative is probably a good idea.
Appreciate 0