"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Any secrets how to stay that healthy?
This is something she's been asked for many years. I will have to say a combination of things:

Faith - She is a woman of God and has attended the same church for nearly 80 years!
Active - For as long as I can remember, she has stayed active and literally walked her neighborhood up until she was in her 80s!
Diet - She always insisted on a diet full of green veggies. Low red meat. Low fried or processed foods.
Alcohol, drug and smoke free.

But one pf the things she said to me back around her 90th birthday truly stuck in my head... She said she never really "stressed or worried about anything." She left it in God's hands. It got me to thinking... I never saw her angry. I never heard her and my grandfather (passed away @ 75 from Parkinson's) argue or even yell at each other, ever! Ironically she never drove a car either.
We often hear how, "Stress makes you sick or even kills." Now that I am a middle aged man myself, I truly understand this. We take it for granted as young people. But there have been times where I got really frustrated about something (not recently) and I recall the feeling overcoming my body. It was something I really took to heart. Nowadays, I catch myself and will either stop whatever it is I am doing to stop getting overly angry or stressed and simply switch gears or subjects. It works. So I would definitely encourage anything or anyone that causes you undue or regular stress in your life, to remove it or yourself from that situation. Easier said than done. But at least be very aware of it.

I know that some of the very people who posted in this thread do not see eye to eye with me. or may even not care for my opinions. But yet you have taken the time to express kindness to my Grandmother and our special occasion. You know who you are. I am very grateful to you all.
The elderly often times get overlooked and or forgotten. As a Caregiver, I have become a better person and much more responsible as a father, husband and man.
MKSixer34173.50
tom @ eas8107.50