View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 01:12 AM   #7
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

i think we will have a soft opening for small businesses and restaurants etc after we peak and it dies back down to a few hundred deaths a day. We also have to wait until hospitals stop being over run. This will be tough as hospitals were already functioning at the brink before this started.

But hospitals will hopefully be better equipped and less overrun at that point. We will probably open up areas of the midwest and rockies first that have pretty much no cases, then move up to larger/denser cities while still limiting domestic travel.

cases go up, quarantine measures enforced in the hot spot
cases go down, quarantine measures loosened up

Maybe they can limit travel to 'regions' within the country? Like if you're in LA you can't go to NY.

I dont think we can wait until cases go to zero before opening the country up. There will be a compromise of X amount of deaths per day being acceptable for the economy to function.

If a vaccine comes around this all goes out the window and the economy will boom. Whatever company makes that will become HUGE. But i have my doubts about a vaccine coming around any time soon if ever.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 1