04-04-2020, 06:22 AM   #416
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I was in 4 stores today.

Store 1: Walmart (my dad insists I shop there for him). A disaster area. Shelves empty everywhere, dozens of people emptying them even more rapidly to fill online or called in orders, just a general feeling of mayhem. Worst of all the place was crawling with FAMILIES -- mom, dad, all the kids, everyone wandering around and picking stuff up and yammering on their phones and generally acting astoundingly stupid re social distancing. There I am by myself, doing the shopping for two families, and I have to deal with that? Sorry dad, not again.

Store 2 and 3 were local supermarket chains. Much better stocked, no sight of college kids picking orders for invisible customers, no 7-person clans shopping for a single household. Stocks weren't bad, out of the usual stuff but pretty good overall.

Store 4 was a little mom & pop bakery that had closed but just recently reopened. They were limiting the number of people inside at one time. There was a line out on the sidewalk waiting to get in. It was heartwarming to see at least one small business that might survive this mess. And my dad got his favorite bread in the whole world.
You're a good son.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8208.00