View Single Post
      07-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #113
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by See5 View Post
I don't really see your point as neither of those cars had close to the money, risk to the company, or engineering prowess behind them but anyway...the Z06 will be a DOHC twin turbo.
The C8 is using GM's new Global B electical system and platform and up until a few months ago, the C8 was suffering from electrical issues. The higher powered C8s were also breaking their back glass because the motor twisted so hard in it's subframe.

This is an entirely new platform for GM, both mechanical and electronically. The motor is a pretty tried and true part but everything else, and I mean everything, is new. This car will not be without it's teething issues once it's in the hands of owners. Don't get me wrong here, I like the car a lot. I just pray GM has really beat the hell out of thing to reduce the potential of major issues after introduction. There's something about putting cars in the real world where the big issues are revealed. Look at the Mustang GT350 for example. That motor is junk.

GM, without a doubt, is building some of best performing and handling cars at any pricing point. A light, mid-engine, 2 seat, V8 Vette for $60-70K will be an amazing performer and should be easier on expendables unlike their heavy performance cars using wonder tires to generate bonkers performance numbers. Thank God they made it look pretty dang good too, inside and out. It's high on my list. I also think 500hp is plenty and should be more than usable. Hell, the thing should easily do low 11s stock. That's silly.