01-28-2021, 11:15 PM   #1
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
I need career advice

As I sit in my shoebox (zoom) university apartment that I haven't left in a few days I though it would be wise to use this amazing tool, the internet, and ask a bunch of people who have many more years and experience on me some questions that I think most of you wished they would have asked when you were starting out.

I graduate with my fancy Penn State Business Management degree in May and like all of my peers I have yet to find a job in this terrible job market and am in a funk sitting day in and day out taking sub-standard online courses. I thought with my automotive experience and my experience running my own business selling CIC kits that one of the new car manufactures would be quick to pick me up. BMW NA as well as a few others never even responded to my applications . It seems like all of the employers can not even wrap their head around what I do. I have been applying to at least three jobs everyday and at least I do get some interviews unlike some of my peers.

I guess the main three questions I have are how the hell do I make myself stand out in this terrible job market?, where the hell in the US should I even move to? and what would you do in this situation?

I don't really want to go back home as I am ready to get my life started and want to start saving for a house. Home modifications at least appreciate in value unlike car modifications.
Appreciate 0