View Single Post
      01-29-2021, 12:13 PM   #19
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
I can't stress enough how important doing an internship is. Employers want field experience. Degrees are always nice, but what makes you stand out from everyone else who is applying?

As an IT project manager, I like candidates that I can put out in the field and won't need to babysit. You'd be surprised how many people sit in front of me with an impressive resume, but have zero people skills, and when I ask them how they would go about solving a problem they start with "well, I'd improve X about how your company works". Be careful not to sound arrogant, because overconfidence can be interpreted as arrogance, so I don't necessarily recommend discussing how you could improve a potential employer. Discuss why you are a good fit for the position and how you would exceed their expectations.

Emphasize (prove) that you have good problem solving skills, communication skills, and a good work ethic by giving examples. I can train people on technical aspects they haven't yet mastered, but the three things I mentioned are usually difficult to change about a person.
Appreciate 4
vreihen1615280.00
P111572.00
Nickco431457.50
MKSixer34184.50