View Single Post
      03-18-2020, 09:29 AM   #39
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Yeah, I run two separate computers, one for work and one personal, but off the same internet. It amazes me how often I'll search something on my work computer and then see adds for it on my personal computer. Bastards.
Oh it far worse. My work made the decision to move off Outlook Server to Gmail for corporate email to save lots of money. Google told the decision makers that Google would not read/scan our business email since it was company confidential information.

Well there is company at work I dealt with only via email, never searched for any information about the company on internet, no need. The company is only B2B has no business with consumers thus no reason to advertise to a consumer.

I too have home computer and never do work on my home computer and mostly avoid doing personal stuff on the work computer at least stuff I do not want any employer looking at. When I am at home with my work computer I am required to connect via an VPN so any internet activity on the work computer references the Work IP address. However, a few time I did access the internet directly at my home IP address so Google realize my work machine was now relate to my home IP and my personal computer. Because of this I was seeing ads for work related company showing up on my home computer. The only way this happen is Google was scanning my work emails.

When I told our Legal department, they seem to be aware of this since they said this is part of the reason the Legal and HR departments emails were not put on Gmail since google could not 100% guaranty emails would not be scanned.

BTW, I tell anyone who I know who use gmail not to send me emails and I will not respond to their emails since I am not interested in google knowing my business. I currently use my internet service provider for email as well as icloud since Apple is not reading emails at present.
Appreciate 2
Red Bread4463.00
vreihen1615333.00