View Single Post
      10-03-2020, 12:47 PM   #58
gooselee
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Just got back from Atlanta UDE. Experience was similar to what others described for DC and Boston. Lots of PPE and social distancing, felt very comfortable from a COVID perspective. Driving/coaching was via radio, just 2-3 laps in each car, and no timed laps. Felt very stripped down, but the coaches seemed to be making the most of it. 3 AX "tracks" with 16 drivers per track per time slot. No off-road demo setup. If you brought a guest from your own household, they WERE allowed to ride shotgun (I think there may have been an age limit but not sure).

Best part of the day was actually the road drives. We got there early and had our pick with no wait, and there are lots of empty roads around AMS and within the property itself, so you had room to get them going if you wanted. M850i is an absolute beast. X2 M Performance a sleeper that was better than I thought it would be. X3M Competition was zoomy but you can feel the high COG a ton. X4 M Performance surprisingly enjoyable despite being ugly AF. And had extra time to take out an M340i and actually push it beyond what AX allowed.

I also spent some time on the way out pushing my own M550i around the empty back lots and practicing launch control.

Definitely nothing like a track day or Performance Center program, but still not a bad way to spend the morning for free. Plus we got a free mask and bottle of BMW-branded hand sanitizer.
Appreciate 0