05-13-2021, 05:07 PM   #982
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
X2 but they also have their own brands- https://www.mgpingredients.com/about...er-brands.html I have multiple bottles of George Remus (our club picks) and Remus Repeal

They don't sell any low end bourbons but there is definitely a mid and high level. I don't think you can buy any MGP produced bottles for under about $28 (their own Eight and Sand and still good). So retail ranges from about $28 to I think $200?. Nothing says you can't create some of the best products made and sell them to someone else for branding. Most of the time the higher priced MGP (or anyone's) product comes with longer aging. Guy who runs our bourbon club, his wife works for MGP and they aren't allowed to talk about who they sell to.

It doesn't all come from the same batch, or barrels, or warehouse, or recipe or aging.

I recently bought a New Riff 15 year bottle (MGP sourced) for $200 and traded it for roughly $650 (cash and bottles). Friend had the same bottle and decided to drink it. Some of the best bourbon I have ever had.

Thanks for explaining that...I wasn't going to persist in trying to change the other guys mind about cheap wine/ bourbon comparison....not worth my time. I like almost every MGP I have ever had and think they provide an incredible service to the small shops (And large) that need product to move!!!

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0