Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
I kind of want BMW to just cancel all of the ICE driven M cars for self- driving EVs to see the amount of whining it would cause. It's going to happen eventually. I'd prefer driving a manual Civic over an M5 with an auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
Hardly. Do you guys actually go to BMW club and track events and talk to people? The manual transmission hasn't become some rare thing amongst enthusiasts at events.
I have been a very active BMW CCA member for 39 years and have never come across a member that would rather drive a Civic over an M5 no matter what the transmission was.

Manuals are actually becoming quite rare. I am the only one I know with the current M3/M4 that has a 6MT. In fact many club people have asked me why I got my M4 with a 6MT.
My daily is a 2017 530i msport and the e39 m5 has been at the top of my list for a while so I'd say I've always had a liking for the 5 series.

Ive driven the f90 m5 a few times and it bored the hell out of me. My coworker has a civic SI and I genuinely would take the civic si or a brz over the f90 m5. I don't particularly care how fast the car is, I care about driver involvement and the m5 hasn't offered that since the e60 was retired. In the current BMW lineup, I really like the m2c and m850i. I haven't tried the z4 yet, but I'd love to give it a shot. It looks great in person.
Appreciate 1
F20MAW73876.50