Views: 12434
Size:  90.3 KB

Name:  Cochem _Sesselbahn_30_36d9ea5f03.jpg
Views: 7306
Size:  259.4 KB

Name:  Cochem a4a87301f357241d99.jpg
Views: 10103
Size:  89.3 KB

I was just going thru some old photos of mine(hard copies, of course!) and came across a picture of me and an old girlfriend - as were were in Cochem(near the 'Ring) going up an old school "chair lift" for some "coffee & cake" ala German style. When in Rome...

Cochem is a beautiful little town, near the 'Ring and nestled on the Mosel river. Everyone should visit the Mosel. Most tourists go to see the Rhine... bt as far as I am concerned... the Mosel is way more pretty. Especially driving from Cochem Westwards to Luxembourg.

Seilbahn im Cochem...

As you enter Cochem exiting the A48 Autobahn as you drive down the road(hill) there will be a small parkhaus on your left - as you enter the city. Park there and take the Seilbahn up to the top! There is a nice Cafe at the top. You can either walk your way down or take the chair lift. As you reach the top of the "lift" there is a guy that takes your photo.

http://www.cochemer-sesselbahn.de/index.php/chair-lift

Cochem Sesselbahn (chair lift)
Endertstraße 44,
56812 Cochem

There is also a great Castle in this town... you can even stay there, since it's a hotel. Its a nice grand castle!

BURG HOTEL COCHEM
Moselpromenade 23,
56812 Cochem

tel. +49 (0) 26 71 71 17
email: info@burghotel-cochem-model.de

www.burghotel-cochem-mosel.de

My suggestion would be to drive along the Mosel river. There is a nice country Bundesstrasse that runs along it.

Make stop(s) at:

Burg Eltz (Just North of Cochem) or Restaurant & Hotel Schloss Zell or maybe another nice area to visit on the Mosel is about an hour's drive South, called: Bernkastel Kues They(Bernkastel Kues) also have a old castle there, but its in ruins.

Burg Eltz
Burg-Eltz-Straße 1,
56294 Münstermaifeld

Restaurant & Hotel Schloss Zell
Schlossstraße 8A,
56856 Zell (Mosel)

and/or continue onwards into Luxemburg or Trier.

Appreciate 0