View Single Post
      09-21-2020, 08:59 AM   #9
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

I am getting pretty close to having enough money to retire relatively well but far under normal retirement age, wife is 5 years younger than me and wants to continue working. I debate what I would like to do with the rest of my life. Options include continue to do my normal job and spend more money and/or have a better retirement, find a job I prefer that doesn't pay as well (most likely), part time job, volunteer, hobbies, etc. I hear people that say they are going to play golf (not for me), but I don't see how something like this can fill up your week, maybe a small part of it. I agree with the above on needing a purpose and a reason to get up each day and do something.

I also bought the house next door and am renovating it to eventually rent, partly for the investment, partly for the space to have another garage (for hobbies) partly for a part time job that can go the rest of my life. I also like the idea of working at a running store, outdoor store, tours at historic sites, something that pays a little, has flexible hours and is close to zero stress. Would provide a little money, give structure and interaction with people. I also like the idea of volunteering and doing something that helps other people. Likely close to zero stress and could be fun. Would be good to come home realizing someone else's life is somewhat better because of what I did today.
vreihen1614892.50