View Single Post
      09-23-2020, 08:52 PM   #74
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
This is a common problem, and one that I posted about here back in March. COVID hit China first, you know, where all of our consumer electronics are made. The supply chain was disrupted enough from that, and now there has been an all-out blitz on since the spring from K-12 schools trying to buy truckloads of Chromebooks to hand out to every single student. In addition, the inner-city schools need to give out free 4G/LTE mobile hotspots to all of the kids who don't have high-speed broadband at home. I haven't checked recently, but those were nearly unobtanium back in July.

Feel free to read the available supply of Chromebooks for yourself, straight from this vendor's web site who is one of the larger sources for government/educational equipment:

https://www.cdwg.com/search/computer...romebook&akr=0

As you can see, every option is on perpetual backorder or 4-6 weeks out.....
I do IT sales into some of the Fed agencies. They've been experiencing the same back order issue everyone else has.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614907.50