07-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #576
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
I'll take a couple of pix tonight but there is basically a rectangular bracket that bolts onto the back of the LT using existing holes. In my case, since I have 4-wheel steer, I had to use 4 washers per bolt as spacers to offset the bracket from some of the mounting bolts for the rear-steer mechanicals.

The tank itself has a frame underneath it. Part of it sticks out and has 2 long, lateral bolts. The top bolt rests in the hooks of the rectangular bracket that mounts to the LT. 2 pairs of machine nuts get tightened up once the sprayer is mounted. These are supposed to hold the tank at the desired tilt/pitch (which is somewhat adjustable). The bottom bolt has a 'foot' on it that sits on the LT's flange for adding tow attachments.

The tank can pivot so you can pitch/tilt it up/down but the problem I had (which I read about online beforehand) is that the tank wanted to pitch downward some once it was filled. The weight is too much for the 2 pairs of lug nuts to clamp in place. I picked up some extra machine bolts, washers, and nuts from HD last night to see if I can use them as spacers.

This thing honestly made spraying the whole yard much easier (tank cleaning is still annoying). Even though it was my first run across the yard and it looks like I missed some lines, I'm seeing a lot of 'wilt-y' weeds and some are starting to crisp/brown on the edges. Drive speed is what dictates the application rate since the DC motor on the tank runs a a constant speed. Now I wish I had a speedometer. lol I was going to rig a cellphone mount to use an old phone as a compass so I can try to keep better lines of bearing when doing diagonal mows (from one end to the other is like peering over the earth's horizon....not gonna happen). I can use the same GPS app for relative speed. I had more left over herbicide brew than i anticipated so I just made some cross passes over the more weedy areas.

Since I won't be using non-selective herbicides, I won't be caring 100% if a little residue is trapped somewhere. The time this thing will save.....oh my! 2 other things:
1. There is a self-agitate mode where the pump will recirculate the contents. That's useful to help mix the large amount of liquid in the tank. I just won't run it while spraying since it decreases spray pressure.
2. The pressure for the spray wand is awesome!
AWESOME! I always thought about getting one of these as it would make spraying 20,000 sqft of lawn so much easier. I have yet picked up a battery operated back pack sprayer as i'm still using the manual push down leverage back pack sprayer. I think my right arm is bigger than my left arm now
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0