View Single Post
      08-23-2019, 08:31 PM   #36
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank.m2 View Post
IMO an auto transmission only car does not fit the definition of a drivers car.

It can shift fast, get to 60 quick and save you from traffic sure but it won't ever be a "drivers car".
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
Well other than Porsche what sports car manufacturers still offer manual?
Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
I think that's the point. Porsche, Lotus, some BMWs, a few muscle cars, the Miata...that's mostly it. The Alfa 4C, Alpine A110, and Supra/Z4 twins really dropped the ball on that one.

As for the ZF 8-speed, we had one in our X3, and I'd never chose it over a manual. Heck, I'd rather have a manual Miata than any 8-speed/DCT BMW.
I heard Savagegeese say BMW may be offering a manual? I also heard him refer to a possible future higher performance version of this model? (an "is" or maybe "M"?). The the new 3-series only offering a manual in the higher dollar "M3" version, is this the BMW path for the die hard enthusiasts? We have it your manual, it's a more expensive "Z4is" or "Z4M" with a stick?

I seen the Z4 in the Frozen Silver at Dealer, it was really nice looking. Loved the long hood, front face, slim rear lights and the seats. The Wife is telling me to get a sport car, but I really wanted to get back to a manual for my next car. I am curious how the short wheel base and wide track feels... maybe this one is worth a test drive.

2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet Agate Grey/Black PDK
2019 440i M-Sport Smoke Topaz Metallic/Opel (Sold)
2014 335i M-Sport Black/Beige MPPK/MPE (Totaled)
2013 328i Sport xDrive Imperial Blue/Grey (Sold)
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50