View Single Post
      01-22-2021, 12:00 PM   #16
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
Sign me up! I don't have to store media just to have it scratch itself? I don't have to pay $30 to watch a BluRay once, just $2-$5 instead?
Neither do I. It's called Redbox. I pay a max of $2.12 for uncompressed BluRay. Many times, I pay less due to coupon codes or rent one get one free promos. If I decide to buy a Bluray/4k, it's certainly not $30. So you're just exaggerating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
I am hoping that by the time they kill 4K blu ray, that streaming quality has caught up. 4K HDR Dolby Atmos on Netflix is just not the same as 4K Blu Ray. I don’t know how I feel about watching Matrix 4 in less than perfect streaming quality. I will go to the theater.

I’ve been watching Game of Thrones 4K on disc recently. It blows me away. The Dolby Atmos overhead effects are incredible - almost overdone, but I love it.

4K Blu-ray’s might become collectible. Tenet 4K steelbook and LOTR/Hobbit steelbook are sold out near me for the foreseeable future and people are scalping them on eBay.
Those that are streaming, how much data do you all consume in a month? The reason I ask is on another thread, I brought up Comcast's move to data cap pretty much all of their service plans with a 1.2TB per month max. If you go over, you're hit with a $10 per 50GB of usage up to a maximum of $100 extra for the overage charges. Or you can pay $30 a month to go unlimited. And before you all say, that $30 extra a month isn't that big a deal, it's the whole death by a thousand cuts. It's $30 now. What will it be in the future? Comcast can raise rates for unlimited data, your service plan, or both. Can't imagine how much data gets consumed on a 4k/HDR stream.
Appreciate 0