10-27-2020, 02:57 PM   #9
Combatcrew2
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G29 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonder End View Post
I have resolved the issue!! For the last few weeks I changed where I normally parked my car in my driveway. With the leaves falling from the many trees I have, I parked the car nearer my house.
I have the comfort access option which is fantastic, but I didn't realise that there is a 2 stage closing down of all the electronics. The first stage locks the vehicle and just about everything else, except the illuminated hazard warning light switch (there may be other invisible functions).
Because the vehicle and the key were nearer each other than previously it meant that second stage lockdown wasn't happening, resulting in the energy management warning as well as draining the key fob battery.
Lesson learned, and hopefully this may be helpful to other owners.
Not sure about this, something to keep an eye on. The keys shut down after 40 seconds of them not being moved to prevent skimmers picking up the signal from the outside of your house. If that’s the case then your key fob battery will be running down fast too. My keys for both keyless cars are kept inside a lead lined box in the house as extra protection.

Last edited by Combatcrew2; 10-27-2020 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0