View Single Post
      03-16-2021, 02:44 AM   #78
InsideDK
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
There is a lot of potential with this new i-drive system this will be exiting to se, they will just simply have to make use of all that screen estate and not just let it be black maybe add the whole navigation behind for easy swap between the two or simply have relevant information in the background witch you can glance over fast.
Between the dials we have previously seen some screens of the navigation blending nicely into the black spaces. But i'm also hoping that they will utilize the screen estate in a esthetic nice manner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
But i am also worried sens at times BMW's response times are slow to add fixes to broken software features on current lineup, if i am hearing this correctly he said around 10 000 software employees working on that part and still the BMW app lacks some features that in it self is not very positive.
If you read all the press material released yesterday, they mention monthly and even new OTA updates every 14 days. The idrive8 should be much easier to develop and push updates for (everything is made inhouse on linux platform).

Regarding the dials, there will be more themes and profiles coming after release.
Appreciate 0