e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
Not saying HAM is not talented, just saying if a comparatively amateur driver can take his car to P1 the first time out, TO ME this speaks volumes about one of two things, either Russell is a talent the likes of which we've never seen or the car he's provided with is mechanically superior to every other car on the field. TO ME, it's likely the latter. We can go back and forth, but without first hand knowledge and experience there are no facts to belie, each of us is stating an opinion. I'm not as hardcore a fan of F1 as many on this forum, including yourself, nor do I show bias for any driver, regardless of possible conflicting evidence. However, let's not make opinions facts.
This is why I posted evidence. And first hand accounts from persons who actually worked with HAM. Did you even bother to read the article from Paddy Lowe?
Sure I have but given the confidentiality of the F1 team programs, and the steps they take to maintain a competitive advantage only those at the highest levels can truly speak intelligently on such issues, but then they're all subject to ironclad NDAs, so they won't.

If the fact that a rookie can jump into a seasoned veteran's car for the first time and annihilate the field doesn't speak to the superiority of the car, nothing will. Is Hamilton talented? Yes. Can a rookie with all of 3 points take his car and get to P1? Yes. Not taking anything away from HAM's accolades but let's give the car a lot more credit.

Put HAM in a Williams, let's see how many races he wins.

We can debate on what proportion of winning is car vs. driver, but the argument for the car just made a big leap forward. If you can't accept that, even in part well then I don't know what to say.
Appreciate 3
Bartledoo2691.50
M5Rick60091.50