Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Is anyone here sober and if so, how do you handle dating when there is an apparent drinking culture. What's anyone's experience? Obviously, I know I can get water in the bar (or tea in the coffee shop; I also don't drink coffee), but I know my dating pool's gonna shrink significantly as I wouldn't be ok with them getting smashed every weekend which people here my age do.
I'm assuming you're 20-30yo?

Asking bc it's totally plausible to do it; my girlfriend has a glass or two with dinner at most. I treated my liver extremely poorly in college. Other than drinks with dinner, I went down in drinking a lot; plus now that I'm in a relationship I don't need to be out every weekend.

And, my two cents - they should respect that you're sober regardless of why you made that choice. If they can't, I don't think they're worth your time anyway.
Yeah, mid-20s.

Thanks, I know the stupid peer pressure is real. Even from family.

Last time I was dating, I would drink alcohol but have completely stopped since then. I've had a few comments here and there, saying I'm boring because I don't touch alcohol. I'd say they're the boring ones if that's their main source of fun.

So was just curious how things go for others now.

Saved money goes towards my sneaker collection instead lol