View Single Post
      08-28-2015, 03:14 PM   #23
shadow191
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 Volvo XC90 R-Design

It's all personal preference, if it works for him, great, his money, his car. I understand the car and mods weren't cheap, but the look makes it appear cheap. If someone had put an aftermarket bumper and hood on a Civic and then wrapped it matte black, no one would start a thread about how "beastly" it is. Doing it to a Cayenne doesn't make the mods any better.

My point is just that the mods didn't improve the car. I'm sure he could pick up girls in a stock Cayenne. But being 23 and wealthy pretty much explains the look of the car "hey look at me!".

There's a local Ferrari 458 that's wrapped in gold chrome vinyl and it's hideous. Guy dropped $250K on the car and probably $10K on the wrap. Does the fact that he spent so much money justify questionable taste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgroschi View Post
Nice feedback guys. Just making clear, this is NOT my car!

I know the owner very well. He is 23, very wealthy and has a few cars.

I personally like the car I gotta say. Maybe in person it looks better. I like how the orange accent goes all the way through from the front to the rear exhaust in one line. The stock GTS is too boring. This one has obviously the bumper, hood, straight exhaust and the matte metallic black wrap (the first black metallic wrapped car in the US.)

And without spending much money I would say is relative. The car was $50k and the mods about $12k.

I think it is a beast and not comparable to a Caprice on 30s And as far as I know... the car works very well if you guys understand what I mean
Appreciate 0