View Single Post
      10-23-2016, 11:13 AM   #182
Golddots
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thxrick View Post
How do you keep track of your rounds? Would take some serious diligence? You spreadsheet it? I guess its a good idea.
I do keep logs on all my firearms.

When I carried g19/g26 I had a pair of each. On my range bitch gun(g19) I had a slide fly OFF the frame. I believe I had almost 10k through it with no spring replacements, just clean and lube every now and then. Before that I had the mentality that glocks were bulletproof, just replace the recoil spring. Not anymore.... On a glock I can detail strip and replace all springs in under 5 minutes. They're cheap. What if you have to pull a weapon to defend yourself and it craps out?

Since I moved to an HK I started keeping a spreadsheet on every pistol. I only have one HK that I carry and shoot. I intend on shipping the gun to HK at 8k because p30 can break the trigger return spring. Even the instruction manual only recommend s a new recoil spring at 25000 but I'd rather not take the chance. I know few people shoot enough to even require a spring replacement in their lifetime. I shoot weekly about 1000 rounds a month so I need tp be proactive.
Appreciate 0