08-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #149
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
O-Cha,

Yo've never shown your face in these threads about F1, then you come in and just start calling everyone a moron. You need an attitude check! If all you are going to do is call people names, we don't want you here. Please go away.

I am happy to have a debate about F1 in a calm way. Come back when you can discuss things like an adult.
In all fairness, I've seen him in the F1 threads before.

I still find it discouraging though that poeple can't tell the difference between just making a bad move, vs making a move that is bad but better than any other option you have. Everything is relative. A large part of this depends on your perspective. Are you looking at from the perspective of Hamilton in the cockpit, or a spectator who might not really want him to succeed.

At this point, no one is refuting that the manuever was unsafe. It was a forced spin within close proximity of other cars moving at speed. So, it's safe to say this will always be considered dangerous. However, these drivers aren't just at a track day. They are racing, and racing to win. (I'll draw reference again that he was leading the race at the point when he spun.) The penalty that he got wasn't because it was dangerous, as anyone could argue that racing itself is inherently dangerous. To be clear, He got the penalty for breaking the rules prescribed by E90 a page or so back and impeding another driver by forcing them off the track.

And I would disagree that my understanding of the situation was incomplete. I feel my understanding is balanced. I understand the need to uphold safety, this is common sense. I don't need to have done a track day to know what a close call looks like while driving, I see it every day with all the pickup trucks here. However, you must recognise that they aren't just at a track day. They are racing. This alone should be enough of an explanation, and if you don't believe me then go watch 'Senna' again please.

Last edited by UltimateBMW; 08-04-2011 at 12:01 PM..
Appreciate 0